It’s that time of the month again, Glossybox time! Now, this was delivered to me yesterday morning but i’ve only just got round to looking at it properly. Here is the box:
It’s a pale mint green box, with a watercolour design of the London skyline. Love it. Here’s a closer look:
And, on the side, confirmation the box was designed by Karen Millen.
I like the style of this box, it’s different to the usual pink boxes and looks very classy and elegant. Love the skyline design and they have kept the box with it’s nice sharp corners rather than the usual round edged and shiny look. Much prefer this style of box.
So, for the contents:
It came with :
- ModelCo ‘more brows’ fibre gel. – This is a brush on eyebrow gel which is meant to give the appearance of thicker brows, instantly. It’s £14.95 for 3.5ml.
I wasn’t 100% impressed with this. Although it was the perfect colour for my eyebrows despite stating light/medium, there was too much gel and it didn’t cling to the hairs as well as i’d hoped and the coverage just wasn’t there for me. It also made my eyebrows feel greasy.
- L’Oréal Professional ‘mythic masque’. – A Hair mask designed to replenish hair for an effortless glossy result. This is £15.50 for 200ml and is used professionally in salons.
As i haven’t had chance to use this yet, my first impressions are vague but it smells divine and i can’t wait to give it a try! My favourite thing when they only stock in salons is the thought it must be at least worth the money and the hype.
- Nails Inc ‘Westminster bridge matte’. – A matte nail polish clear top coat to make any nail polish have that matte effect. This is £12 for 10ml.
I tried this out on my thumb nail (no pictures as the red i had on has chipped so bad) and it did make it matte. I haven’t ever experienced a top coat which makes it matte but i think this will get a lot of use from me!
- SkinPep ‘Enzyme and Acid Peel & Peeling Gel & Dark Eye Cream’. – This is a peeling gel which uses pineapple and papaya extracts to exfoliate and give a bright finish to skin. This is £89.99 for 180ml or £3.05 for 3.5 ml. & the Eye Cream which boosts collagen in the under eye area is £44.99 for 15ml or £6.49 for 2ml.
Now, i have not used these yet as A) i haven’t had time and B) i have no idea how to use them and i don’t want to burn off my face… I think i shall have a read on my day off and test them out for you!
- Vichy ‘Normaderm Night Detox & Hydrating Care’. – These 2 seem to be small samples of night and day cream which banish blemishes and make complexions appear more radiant. The day cream is normally £12 for 50ml & night cream £15.50 for 40ml.
Now, again, i haven’t had chance to use these 2. Im conscious of putting too many things on my face all at once such as these, the peel etc and totally not knowing what does what. You can buy these at boots though so i may try these out first and then if i love them, they’re easily re purchasable! Watch this space!
So, that’s September’s Glossybox. I see a lot of people fed up with the Glossybox now, not knowing the products or them being too expensive. I can see where people are coming from however, i reserve my money for products i know are good and i chose to subscribe to Glossybox as they send usable high street brands such as the nails inc polish but also give you an insight into more high end products. It isn’t all about the high end products all the time. I found Essence Mascara in the August box amazing for only £2.49. I love discovering these new products through Glossybox and even if i don’t buy it afterwards, it was nice to try it out for myself.
Thanks Glossybox! Can’t wait for October.
What did you all think?